FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

AISC includes not only the direct costs to mine gold (machinery,...

1. 5,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2296
    AISC includes not only the direct costs to mine gold (machinery, processing, power, labor, etc.), but G&A expenses, exploration, reclamation and sustaining capital.
    "Forecast Gold production from Morila in the March quarter is entirely from tailings re-treatment and is
    expected to be between 9,500 and 10,400 ounces of gold at an All-In-Sustaining Cost (AISC) of between
    US$1,300/ounce and $1,500/ounce of gold based on forecast operating and capital expenditure. "
    I am not at all concerned with the AISC of between $US1300 and $US1500 because its spread over only a relatively small forecast of ounces produced.
    Double or triple or more the quarterly GOLD produced and the AISC will reduce considerably. Exploration costs (drilling etc) and maintenance are the same no matter how many ounces we produce. Variable costs of course such as labor will increase but fixed costs will not.
    The AISC before we took over would have been comparatively small because Barrick did nothing else other process the 'cream'.
    In contrast we are throwing the kitchen sink at getting the Plant up to scratch and drilling for more GOLD to mine.
    Overall i am impressed by the Quarterly. Koting drilling completed and currently drilling Viper then to Domba.
    The estimates will be available soon.
    The Plant is in sound condition - should be a relief to holders.
    A review of Goulamina being completed.
    " The Company is completing a strategic review of the asset and will
    advise shareholders of the outcome shortly."
    Lets face it the Doc would not risk having a Webinar if all was not going well. Its all good. No doubt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.