PLS 1.67% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

I like it - wording suggests PLS board are the makers of our...

1. 59 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    I like it - wording suggests PLS board are the makers of our fate rather than POSCO.

"As previously announced (ASX release dated 27 August 2019), Pilbara Minerals has entered into a
    conditional offtake agreement with POSCO for up to 315,000 tpa of spodumene concentrate to be
    supplied from its Stage 2 expansions and retains the right to participate (initially at 21% with the option
    to increase to 30%) in a downstream joint venture (JV) with POSCO in respect of the chemical
    conversion facility in South Korea"

Rereading the paragraph again, I think the worry is that concentrate for the JV is "to be supplied from Stage 2 expansions" in order for the JV to proceed.

Re: expansion update the Qtrly provides:

"Given the expected demand growth in the period 2022-2025 (including Pilbara Minerals’ existing
    customers building further chemical conversion capacity within that time), the Company is well
    placed to match Pilgangoora production (inclusive of both Plant 1 and 2 processing capacity) to the
    demands of its current and future customers."

Board doesn't see Stage 2 in near future.

Maybe there is a work around given at time of JV agreement there could not have been the knowledge of additional supply coming from Plant 2 (i.e. Altura).

What do you guys think? Stage 2 expansion still a precondition to POSCO JV?

Last edited by khtan26: 21/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.05
Change
0.050(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $9.179B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.10 $3.12 $3.03 $45.56M 14.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 262357 $3.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.05 102070 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.