ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 19,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4975
    Must have told you dozen times or more CCJ just how base Lynas prices are calculated for most customers on a rolling 90 day average of China domestic, without VAT.

The ratio of monthly or quarterly sales by product you will never ever guess while your bum points to the ground, apart from the value SEG/HRE via Tb/Dy enhancement, ratio NdO & PrO vs NdPr, totally impossible to guess the proportion of La & Ce being value added into specific product, into "base" oxide product, into low value (~kg60c) carbonate, or passing to tails.

Although I think it runs contrary to AL's fundamental economics will be interesting to see whether Kal has a Ce depletion capability. Lynas has been "sold out" La pre CV, safe to assume that is US purchases of the upgraded FCC product, in preference to previous China supplies base La, classic upgrading to take mkt share yet these guys do it SO quietly!!! Point is if AL & Pol haven't recognised similar opportunities for a big proportion of the Ce going to tails @LAMP ~30% makes a lot more sense to dump it in the C&L process at Kal and ship a considerably enhanced grade of NdPr, SEG/HRE & La carbonate to LAMP.

Now that would have a considerable impact both unit CoP LAMP with significantly higher recovery rates/lower throughput and ASP with a significant reduction ultra low value Ce carbonate. All my supposition of course but AL will have noses to the grindstone looking to every & all means to maximise Kal efficiencies, prior primary SX.

Ce depletion would of course help CCJ over his little dilemma, a little anyway. Reminds me of a little episode post AGM a few years back with a small group chatting with AL trying to untangle one of the mysteries of the LAMP when she responded to effect: "Why don't you go play a nice game of golf and let me worry about the LAMP", pretty certain CCJ would get the same instructions, in spades.

I gave up when I started to understand the LAMP in 2015, far more important IMO to understand what is possible going forward, but then the danger is overestimating, too quickly, and/or believing Govt's ultimately there for greater good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.67
Change
-0.020(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $7.169B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.72 $7.94 $7.50 $23.53M 3.062M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $7.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.68 16724 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.