MLX 0.00% 43.0¢ metals x limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-11

1. 15,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1290
    I very happy with the spend on the new and updating equipment. The wet tables aka Wilfley Tables are an obvious weak spot in the plant. they need a lot of maintenance and watching/ operator vigilance and effort . The response is to try an automate it with Table vision and upgraded feed boxes. The "table vision" enhancement is an obvious gain in confidence form the expenditure on the pre- sorter that has worked. Not sure if its via a normal optical camera that works on light/dark or X-ray Fluorescence of the cassiterite like the sorter. If it's the latter it's going to be better than the operators eyes (especially at night Ha, ha). I can just imagine an operator at 2 am on a freezing night in Tassie expecting to give 100% concentration (no pun intended).

Also high capacity spirals (they've already upgraded the cleaners). We'll make full use of them later. All these things are positioning us for a move to Rentails. E.g. the Wilfley table mids which will be "difficult material" grains that were only part cassiterite, with other metals substituting for Sn (especially Cu). Would ideally be sent to Rentials plant IMVHO, we don't want the float plant/section to have to do all the work. A lot of these things were planned as three to 3 to 5 year improvements in the fightback during the dying days of the Nifty debacle. Actually, the Renison plant was clearly capital starved before now we now have the cash and are doing them. Same for the U/G mine I guess. which rightly got first bite at the cherry.

Sorry to get a bit technical but hopefully ads a bit of flavour.

All IMVHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $394.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 43.5¢ 42.8¢ $149.8K 347.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 12074 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 194595 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.40pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.