RRL 3.48% $1.67 regis resources limited

Don't get me wrong, it has been a frustrating and exhausting...

1. 2,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1637
    Don't get me wrong, it has been a frustrating and exhausting hold for a lot of people, but there are many positives to help offset many of the negatives.

Last quarter there was an impact from planned works and lower grades, this quarter was slated as being difficult very early on, the "geotechnical" issues are bad, but not catastrophic as the open pit was scheduled to be shut down some time in the next 5 months.

But we have Tropicana starting to pay dividends after the cut back investment which is coupled with a brilliantly low AISC for that operation also.

There is expected to be a decent upgrade to reserves based on the "Biannual Exploration Update", and this is slated to continue for the next few years as work progresses and new ounces are discovered for both operations.

It definitely isn't all roses howerver. Duketon AISCs are higher because of lower grades and impacted throughput, but as these come back to normal levels, we should see them down around the $1,250 mark, and we "should" be making a margin well north of $1,000/oz on the Duketon gold.

I appreciate many people may not be willing to trade the fluctuations, but if you think the company has prospects long term, there is that option available to people also.

Have a look at the last 2 quarterlies.

Frustrating, but definitely not going bankrupt by my estimation.

Key points (for me)
    - 6,000 more ounces this quarter over last quarter
    - AISC $9/oz (0.6%) higher than last quarter
    - Realised a gold price that was $126/oz (5.8%) higher than last quarter
    - Hedge book down another 25,000 oz as per schedule
    - Lower end of previous guidance was 460k oz, now the higher end is 475k oz. "Technically speaking" there is a chance the company will be within the previous guidance (how likely is that to happen? I can't say).
    - All quiet on the McPs front (disappointing)
    - Tropicana / Boston Shaker may add another 200m to the current resource envelope depth
    - No mention if impact from Covid in the key items summary (maybe it is being managed better or the impact isn't as bad as it has been)

I hate to see anyone lose money, and today the SP is down, but "it should, eventually over time come back and go beyond where it has been for the last year.

Of course, some may not have the patience or stomach, but many people will make good money in the years to come.

Many people may also find better opportunities elsewhere, and that is their decision.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4016/4016439-19490c7ef57b5270aed31ce129a24a05.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4016/4016441-bf209853aa475781376ac9d85289c879.jpg

Last edited by thecrabpest: 24/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.67
Change
-0.060(3.48%)
Mkt cap ! $1.257B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.70 $1.70 $1.66 $9.199M 5.506M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 92731 $1.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.67 41930 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.