LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Thanks for that detailed post CJ. I am of the opinion that you...

1. 453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    Thanks for that detailed post CJ. I am of the opinion that you can't use PE to determine if a growth company is over valued or under valued, otherwise no one would have bough into Apple, Amazon, Cisco, MS, etc and would have missed on 100s of percentages of growth.
    PE is a forward looking indicator and a high PE indicates that the market is expecting Sales and EPS to grow significantly in the future, while a low PE indicates the market is expecting low or no growth in Sales and EPS, in which case companies have to pay dividends or buy back shares to prevent a dive in the SP.
    I subscribe to the view of William J. O'Neil and Peter Lynch that the number one determinant of SP growth is past and future EPS and Sales growth. I also subscribe to the view that the market is neurotic, way over exuberant, driving prices way above true value and at times way too depressed and driving prices way below true value. It rarely reflects true value, if it did, no one would ever make any money.
    The one constant you can bet on, looking back 100 years is that Sales and EPS growth has always determined SP growth, with sometimes significant lags where the SP has taken a long time to catch up, going up, or going down.
    This off course gets greatly affected by the market direction and the current market might explain the strange reaction to such and outstanding quarterly report. However the current Sales and EPS growth and the forecasts for both look outstanding and in the end that should be the best guide as to where the price will eventually go. GLTA
    Last edited by Can_Slim: 14/04/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.