MNB 2.04% 5.0¢ minbos resources limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-18

1. 13,807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3953
    Speculation over timing of a cr and blaming management for whatever it is that some traders want to blame them is something every stock experiences.
    Others can have their opinions of course but IMO management have done an excellent job in the very short time frame since the mining license was granted, in a Covid environment full of delays and supply constraints. The foresight to order and pay for long lead items gave us an early and unexpected cr but it was the best thing for most shareholders and for the company despite the complaints of a few. The alternative would have been a much later commissioning date and higher capex on the plant ordered last year and paid for at lower prices. We have also had a delay on the DFS due to massive changes in the market only exacerbated very recently by the war in the Ukraine. That has kept management extremely busy and as a result, recent shareholder communication has suffered. That might not have suited some traders but management are doing what they should, which is focusing on getting the project commissioned ASAP. Some will say that's not good enough but it's more than good enough for me.

Some look to the above events to explain the sp volatility but at the end of the day, it is blatantly obvious that all three peaks and all three troughs in MNB since December last year have almost perfectly lined up with the peaks and troughs of the US market. This volatility is about traders buying and selling in sync with the US market. Every other reason offered is speculation- right or wrong doesn't matter. The chart below shows the correlation and explains the moves in MNB better than anything else. At some point, more significant news or the fundamentals will drive MNB much higher irrespective of what the US market is doing.
    I was not liking the recent weakness in the US market because of the effect it has on MNB but that big rally last night in the face of a lot of recent bearish reports does appear to have signaled another low is in for US markets and another rally is probably beginning. It appears that the US is entering a sideways trading range now with 4100-4200 as the low and 4600 the high. If so, that would make it much easier for MNB to resume its uptrend from this current low point. Hopefully yesterday was the low for MNB as well. If so it will be the fourth higher low in a row and I'm hoping the next peak will be the fourth higher high in a row. Unlike the US market which is currently in a short term trading range, MNB has just corrected within a four month uptrend, it is in a one year up trend and it's in a very strong two year uptrend. If the next peak is higher again, it will test last year's high and hopefully break it this time. I have little doubt the DFS will give us that.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4299/4299578-305dee265ed01de2c485d294cc72954e.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4299/4299742-2c09bf9dc916c16eddf94b0265264994.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.