ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 353 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Here's a bit more after playing around with images from the Cole paper. We should note that there are no Namibian wells used to calibrate the results in the paper, so we need to accept there is room for flexibility, particularly in the north of this map. Anyway, the map below shows Cole's interpretation of the regional Aptian source rock maturity; I have annotated on the 0.6 and 1.2 Vitrinite reflectance (%) values to show where the oil and gas windows are (approx). FYI for the non-techs the 0.6 to 1-2 represents the oil window. X's to represent Venus and Graff. There are substantial amounts of gas reported in these recent wells, more than what the maturity modelling below would suggest, so these such maps will, in time, be updated and I suspect we will see the oil and gas windows will move northwards (but will still need to calibrate Moosehead-1 of course). In my opinion, this is why we now have visitors in the dataroom.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4312/4312322-931e506a7603ffea5d71955e879d055c.jpg

Last edited by MidDigitalHair: 03/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.