RED 2.41% 40.5¢ red 5 limited

We read from the same book. And, seem to follow the same US...

1. 1,878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    We read from the same book. And, seem to follow the same US story with an understanding that we follow their markets.;

Personally, while not happy with the higher ASIC, given the hidden inflation we have that isn't reported it makes sense. I hope our new Govenor understands she and the Board serve Australia and not the PM. I hope they make decisions that serve our country and not individuals even though this will mean the Gen X's will be taught a tough financial lesson, the same lesson I was taught in the late 1990's that now has put me in a good position for the lies ahead.

My understanding is that inflation tends not to com under control till interest rates exceed it and that if there is a pause then it could lead to runaway inflation. My son tells me his Mc D's order has gone from $16 to $20 (25%) in the last year and a half. How that affects ASIC, people have to eat and pay their power bills (reportedly up 25%ish as well since July 1).

I remember a great story I heard/read somewhere over the last couple of years. I can't remember the reference though [sorry]. It talked about how people suggested gold was not money (true definition of money and not currency) anymore. Then gave this example. 100 years ago, if you had an Oz of Au, you could buy a lice tailor made suit, tailored shoes and a fitted hat. Today, a single Oz of Au could buy you a nice tailor made suite, nice pair of shoes and a baseball cap.

Seems like Au is still a stable store of value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.755B
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 41.3¢ 39.5¢ $5.806M 14.34M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 732397 40.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 927828 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.