ALK 6.54% 57.0¢ alkane resources limited

NewB, I agree that IG' selling is a nuisance, but it does not...

1. 1,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    NewB, I agree that IG' selling is a nuisance, but it does not prevent a share price recovery.

The main issue is the selling occurred in the midst of uncertainty about the price of gold driven by macro factors, with the result that whereas overseas markets were pricing in over a 60% chance of an imminent drop in US and certain EU and UK reserve bank rates, they are now pricing more conservatively due to doubts about the rate of inflation reduction. Consequently the yield on US treasuries in particular moved up, and POG inversely moved down, as did gold stocks.

When that macro environment changes, and it will sometime between this week and mid-this year I suspect, we ought to have a strong recovery in gold stocks.

Meanwhile, we have a great opportunity, certainly one I have been taking advantage of. The beauty with ALK is it is such a low risk, because its production enables it to fund its own exploration, and we know Boda is a whopper. And there are a range of announcements foreshadowed from here to April - Roswell resource, Kaiser drill results, new production etc - any of which can be a price catalyst.

GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.0¢
Change
0.035(6.54%)
Mkt cap ! $343.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 57.0¢ 53.0¢ $1.243M 2.231M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1869 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 30258 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.