YAL 1.73% $6.83 yancoal australia limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-135

1. 6,096 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 996
    Commsec has served me well over the last few decades and I'd only leave if they started doing some really stupid stuff. While the interface is clean and basic, I don't use it for deeper technical analysis or deeper multiple analysis, I do that separately. Otherwise it's really good value for me. The only issue I have with Commsec is that it lacks some of the more exotic instruments on a global scale, and I've been considering IBKR for some time now, but, it's not been high enough on the list to justify action.

I'm not getting into that Range Global Coal index. I've no problem with it, but, IMHO indexes are for those who just want to trade indexes or are restricted to trading indexes due to workplace agreements or super restrictions or whatever. I guess its a great way for people to buy into coal stocks without buying into coal stocks. It'll do very well as multiple expansion takes place over the next few years and if someone asked me about it, I'd recommend it as the easiest way to ride the coal boom while having to do near zero analysis... and that's what most people I meet want... not that I'm in the business of recommending coal stocks... just casual conversations around the workplace or whatever.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.