YAL 1.29% $6.86 yancoal australia limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-138

1. 181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    I also use CommSec, it has worked well for myself for the past few decades also. One thing that annoys me is they are often well behind on updating stock information such as: dividend yields, shares on issue etc. I’ll use market index for a more detailed review on companies.
    I don’t have international trading access setup on CommSec, haven’t really thought of trading US stocks due to the withholding tax implications. I used to own CRN back when they were actually paying decent dividends, used to annoy me having to pay withholding tax, even with the exemption.

Hoping YAL does go through some kind of re-rate given it’s last quarterly shows just how much cash they can generate after tax and expenses despite sales pricing being near the cost pricing curve as you say.
    A few points I think may hold YAL back from a surge up to $8.00 - $10.00 as you mentioned. Their majority shareholder (Yankuang Energy) owning 62.3% spooked investors when they announced a take over with a low ball offer of $5.07 per share. Management did inform the market the take over offer was off the cards as it was not in best interest of minority shareholders, however I do think this is holding YAL back due to the possibility Yankuang Energy try another lowball offer in the future and screw over retail holders, although FIRB would of course have to approve the transaction. Add that to the fact it’s in the coal space (hated by the woke, doesn’t meet ESG requirements) so these factors seem to keep YAL’s share price suppressed. The positive side to this is there are generally plenty of opportunities to buy back in or accumulate more shares at lower prices. Let’s see what happens this year anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.86
Change
-0.090(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $9.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.91 $6.97 $6.81 $24.76M 3.600M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 749 $7.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.52 2320 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.