YAL 0.00% $6.29 yancoal australia limited

I share your thoughts and also prefer WHC for the longer term...

1. 181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I share your thoughts and also prefer WHC for the longer term play with the recent acquisition of B&D, now geared more towards met coal with future growth projects in the pipeline, etc. WHC is going to be a monster in years to come, there's no doubt about it. Agree it's hard to choose between the two companies so I just hold both and have been accumulating on weakness. Haha

This is pure speculation, but surely I can't be the only one thinking this...
    I know David Moult mentioned there are no discussions of M&A atm but I can't help but think YAL would be interested in bidding for a small slice of BW.
    Just spitballing, but there's a huge pile of cash just sitting on the balance sheet, and we know YAL was part of the initial bidding process for B&D initially, so maybe YAL does make a bid for a small stake in BW? WHC could still then offer another small stake or several small stakes to steel producers as originally planned. Paul did say there is strong bidder interest, also have read reports WHC may be looking to partner with multiple partners instead of just the one. WHC is no stranger to having multiple partners with their operations.
    - Narrabri mine: WHC 77.5% interest, Upper Horn Investments 7.5%, J-Power 7.5%, Daewoo International Corp 5%, Korea Resources Corp 2.5%.
    - Maules Creek mine: WHC 75% interest, Itochu 15%, J-Power 10%.
    Again it's all speculation but I'd love to see both WHC and YAL as partners, would be very positive for both companies. What are your thoughts on the matter?

And thanks yes my portfolio is doing well of late thanks to both WHC and YAL. Likewise to yourself hopefully BCB can start to get things turned around this year. All the best to you too mate

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.29
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.305B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.29 $6.18 $8.468M 1.354M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2638 $6.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.29 68765 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.