ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 852
    Like I said @RookyKid, I am not saying they should be buying AFM shares, I am just highlighting it would represent a better potential for 'return to shareholders' than 1SN which is literally years away from being any potential return, or cash which is about 10% of the IRR of AFM.

@binwood if I wanted to buy a resource shitcos I wouldn't buy shares in $380M MC midcap MLX, I'd buy shares in $20M MC 1SN. They're different investments and you have different expectations from them. As I've stated, today and prior, I like the 1SN purchase, it just means nothing over a medium timeframe and probably means nothing for my investment timeframe. MLX rose significantly on announcement of the buyback - 79% from pre announcement to peak. Imagine raising equity at a much higher price (driven by buyback) to fund Rentails with a mix of debt and equity (which could also be years away even if they make FID in next 12 months). Seems nonsensical to hang on to 50% cash, which may or may not be used on a project that may or may not be years away.

They've already allocated circa $34M to a buyback that isn't happening - why not at least lift the ceiling a bit and let it actually work?
    Last edited by nashezz: 26/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.0¢
Change
0.010(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $394.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 44.5¢ 42.5¢ $477.5K 1.095M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 223 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.5¢ 104353 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.