WKT 0.00% 10.5¢ walkabout resources ltd

Hi SBDavisWKT should have produced 2100 tonnes of graphite by...

1. 16,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6889
    Hi SBDavis

WKT should have produced 2100 tonnes of graphite by processing the 15k tonnes, yet they only achieved 240 tonnes, I was highlighting the lack of throughput, this allows for the graphite ore to have more time to process. i.e higher yield of recovery due to more time in the floatation cells.

It is alarming the purity with this much processing time has dropped from 92% from the commencement of processing to seeing some runs at 95%, yet the announcement detailed they were seeing final concentrate of 90-95%, The 90% purity is a drop, was this a result of improving the flake size where WKT needed to lower the purity to increase the flake size above +80 Mesh?

BTW, +80 mesh is 180 microns, Super Jumbos are +500 microns, I think you might start seeing understanding the issue WKT has, the Graphite flakes need to double in size to achieve the +300 Jumbo size and nearly triple in size to achieve the super jumbo specification.

If WKT was achieving a higher purity graphite, they could reduce the processing to maintain flake size, yet they are already seeing grades at 90% which is well below the requirements of the DFS.

If maintaining flake size and purity was so simple as the marketers are claiming, SYR would have been able to achieve their 30-40% coarse flakes as per their DFS forecast, yet they are only seeing 12-14% after 6 years of mining. Wouldn't you have thought while the plant was running at idel they could have ironed out all of these issues. This is why bulk sampling and processing through a commercial production facility is so critical. it would have saved WKT investing US$30-40mil into a project that doesn't look like it will be profitable

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $70.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.5¢ $22.59K 215.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 697549 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 105110 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.