LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Ann: Quarterly Activity Report and Appendix 4C, page-89

1. 96 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    AB, are you talking about the heat exchangers and cold boxes manufacturing work for Maggy that was assigned to Chart Industries back in 2015?
    I'm not sure that work was commenced. A novated PO was raised for those items per the announcement on 30/07/2015 but the PO was to be novated to the EPC Contractor and SKEC and KBR were announced as winning that contract a few months later in the announcement on 16/11/2015.
    In other words, I think the cost of those items should be included in the EPC contract, not expensed directly by the company. At least, that's my understanding. Happy to be corrected.

I'm not sure about the $70m. I wasn't able to find it in the accounts (which may very well be what you mean) but please do point me at it if you can remember where you saw it. Is it the same question that possum was going to ask about on your behalf at the 2017 investor roadshow?

Just for interest's sake, the company spent $75m in the last half of 2015 (same time-frame as those POs and the EPC contract was awarded). That's about $10m more than our present MC. Just goes to show the huge expense required to get a project like Maggy approved and why we shouldn't be expected to let it go cheaply.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.