FDV 1.14% 44.5¢ frontier digital ventures limited

Got to agree here completely with your post. 100%.It, and others...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Got to agree here completely with your post. 100%.

It, and others (like PTG) are just being indiscriminately smashed as of late for no reason. Some are being shorted no end (hello BETmakers) for no good reason apart from the fact that the market is down on everyone. In the past two weeks (I'd hate to add it up) I've been bleeding money on my portfolio to the tune of a couple of K a day, and it's hard to sit back and take it, especially when you know that the companies you hold are good ones.

A whole lot of volatility is present right now; check out the way that there will be BIG intraday jumps, e.g. up 3-4%, only to taper off later in the morning or afternoon to a mild upwards movement. FDV has been caught up in this, and PTG is a great example where there are limited trades, so the real picture isn't clear.

I'm using PTG as an example because it's similar in that it's the "same sort" of industry (SaaS), at the same level of maturity - almost breakeven, positive cashflow and no debt - plus it is run by some ex-REA people as well; I know that I've mentioned it here, but to me, this stock, FDV and REA are all mutual foils to each other; there's no reason why they couldn't all co-exist and potentially partner or even merge in the future.

If you look at last week, PTG did some cracking good numbers, was received pretty mutely (up 2% on the day) but a week later, it's back down again. To that effect, I'm not expecting a rocket underneath the share price tomorrow when the results get released to the market, but I would be nicely surprised if it did. There's too much volatility around and anything 'growth' is on the nose, regardless of how good your performance is, so even if they shoot the lights out tomorrow, I'm not expecting the market to react much; in my view, the only way the market maybe would send a rocket up it is if earnings are positive...but that's my opinion only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.5¢
Change
0.005(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $192.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 44.5¢ 42.0¢ $41.23K 96.30K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25956 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.5¢ 11661 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.