OCC 0.00% 36.0¢ orthocell limited

My take on the BioHorizons deal is they paid US $14m for the...

1. 373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    My take on the BioHorizons deal is they paid US $14m for the license and distribution rights of Striate, Orthocell's cut for the ongoing sales of Striate is now essentially as a manufacturer only. Doesn't matter about sales price anymore, BH can market and sell it for as much as they like it's essentially their product now that they own the license. They'll be paying Orthocell a rate to manufacture the product for them, whatever the gap is between that rate and the sale price is what BH pockets. I could be wrong on that assumption of how the deal is written, and obviously as a shareholder I'd love to be way off on my price estimates. That said, if I was right I would still be fine with the deal. Without BH I don't know what our cash runway would look like, and it would have probably taken much longer to build Striate sales without their pre-established network.

On the market size and capture, Orthocell has stated their newly upgraded manufacturing facility's capabilities are for 100,000 striate units per year. So that's our annual ceiling of market capture for the time being. We'll be a while off being capable of manufacturing enough product for 10% of the 5mil market like you flagged. Though I do think (hope) that part of the deal between BH and Orthocell will be that once their demand nears the peak of their manufacturing capabilities, BH may financially support additional manufacturing facility upgrades. There's no way such a large global company would allow their product sales to be kneecapped by limited production if the demand is there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $75.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 36.0¢ 36.0¢ $7.32K 20.33K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 96140 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 35294 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
35.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
36.0¢ 36.0¢ 35.5¢ 30431
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.