DSE 4.01% $2.63 dropsuite limited

Worth noting that Microsoft Backup and Restore* and the...

1. 238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Worth noting that Microsoft Backup and Restore* and the associated API is not available and has no date for general availability with public preview expected to begin in Q4 CY23. Doesn't mean it can't impact Dropsuite sooner but the impact (if there is one) could be felt more so in Q1 2024 or later. I doubt that Dropsuite will be interested in developing a product using the Microsoft Backup API (I don't believe this was asked in the webinar) given that it facilitates backup within Azure and Dropsuite provides a holistic solution that backs up in AWS. There are other 3rd party cloud backup providers lining up to offer products which utilize the Microsoft Backup API which will offer a very differentiated product to Dropsuite's backup solution (pros and cons) and a more competitive price than Microsoft's. I think it would be wise for Dropsuite to integrate capabilities that leverage the Microsoft backup API in parallel with our (going to have to buy a small parcel so I can keep using that language..) existing AWS backed solution. It might seem counter-intuitive but it dissolves any competitive advantage other backup providers gain by using the API. For example it may accelerate time to market for backup of new microsoft products and facilitates higher data restore speed. Not sure how significant of a project it would be for Dropsuite to implement capability using the Microsoft API into their backup solution, that is an example of the scale advantage the bigger players have.

It seems Microsoft are responding to the requirement for backup being pushed by insurance companies, the same tailwind that has been propelling our growth has incentivised the thousand pound gorilla to join the party. Seems they dont want customers to be reliant on other cloud providers to backup Microsoft data, and feel a responsibility to provide that capability within the Microsoft ecosystem, which directly opposes Dropsuite's supposed value proposition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.63
Change
-0.110(4.01%)
Mkt cap ! $183.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.73 $2.73 $2.60 $86.68K 33.13K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 $2.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.63 13911 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.