PEN 2.41% 8.1¢ peninsula energy limited

Ann: Quarterly Cashflow Report, page-77

1. 606 Posts.
    Yep...agree with most that, except to note that historically producers are given contracts (starting in about '08 onwards) that have said 'ore sold into contract must come from your mine', so it prevented this arbitrage.

Of course they'd all be doing it if they could. Ours didn't. Or rather more likely, 'some' had to come from our mine. Perhaps it was a contingency also by way of not being ramped up. Good fortune or otherwise, it's a genuine strategy that is in place now that others will follow as their contracts roll off (and they stockpile) and/or reorient their sales from spot inventory.

I'm of the opinion it was opportunistic due to circumstances, but let's be honest - getting $440m of 'take or pay" contracts was a massive coup for us.

There maybe concerns for the share price short term, but not the health of the company. My opinion is that the 'over' subscription acceptance of SPP $ was in order to educate the market that we won't be seeking funding for some time, to which it would be more likely we'd ask the Americans to tap for cash at higher prices for final stage 1.5-3 production.

Look...I can't speak for others. I've gotta shut out the noise and be decisive about what I'm looking at as a company. I understand the SP can be a distraction to others. I just see it being cheaper. Top 20 figures going up always help too.

Could easily be stale 15.5c buyers getting out to buy a phone call from Nepal or new modem for mums basement!

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
-0.002(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $258.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.4¢ 8.0¢ $1.245M 15.27M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 355871 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 80192 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.