DXN 0.00% 7.7¢ dxn limited

No sure what the surprise is here? Status from the annual report...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    No sure what the surprise is here? Status from the annual report below

MELBOURNE DATA CENTRE (DXN-MEL01)The Final Planning Permit for the facility was received in November 2018 and the Company is seeking approvalfor the required power upgrade. Our manufacturing facility completed the construction of the modular facilitiesfor the Melbourne data centre. This includes two facility modules (58 racks), two telecommunications modulesand two power modules (switchboard & UPS). In addition,the Company has completed the manufacture of themain Low Voltage switchboards for the facility. Critical plant is onsite and ready for installation, this includestwo generators, chillers and evaporative cooling units.

As they had acknowledge in previous announcements, poor cost, manufacturing, design and coordination management bite them in the balls re capex and program delivery for SYD01 & MEL01.

My background is in property & infrastructure development and it is no surprised that DXN missed the mark on this, it is hard enough for local sydney contractors to accurately programme out anyworks, particularly when Electrical Authorities are involved.

I think with MEL01 they local Zone Substation is near max capacity and needs an upgrade or new one built. The issue with 'Power Capacity' is likely related to excessive contributions they are trying to hit DXN for. This will sort itself out soon enough, likely when other businesses within the region requiring uplifts in capacity.

Anyways, SYD01 is up and running. DXN won't be announcing every new client and clients usually will not allow such confidential information to be announced for security purposes. They will likely make announcements in the form of revenue from the DC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.