IVZ 1.61% 6.3¢ invictus energy ltd

"Some bits that broke during drilling can't be BH...

1. 3,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    "Some bits that broke during drilling can't be BH responsibility, otherwise why the need to refurbish our drill?!"

Drill bits are expendable items...they have a finite life and eventually need to be changed out. This is especially the case where the bit has moving parts such as cones and bearings and bearing seals. PDC bits have no moving parts and generally have a longer life but even PDC bits wear and eventually need to be pulled. Bit selection isn't always ideal..especially in the first well in basin but with time this gets fine tuned.

The bits themselves I suspect were probably mainly supplied by Baker as part of the service package deal. From my experience Baker bits are some of the better made bits.

"One could argue that before starting operation, they should have made all the necessary checks and inspections, and maybe spend a bit more cash to have ready in place all the tools, including wireline logs and replacements parts (some), just in case we where to find some gas/oil."

In an ideal world yes this would happen...but because tools are often in short supply and being shared between multiple clients and also because they get charged for as soon as they leave the base this rarely happens.

Re back up tools....with most contracts back up tools need to be included in the contract and are charged for accordingly. Sometimes back up tools aren't present because the client has chosen not to pay for them. Ive been on more than one well where during my usual pre job check of the tool inventory it's become obvious that many back up tools have not been mobilized. I'm not saying this was the case for M1 but I'd love to see what was actually in the wireline/LWD contract

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.3¢
Change
0.001(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $89.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 6.0¢ $308.9K 5.008M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 160000 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 147648 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.