GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

They changed costs of production a while ago to show margin per...

1. 736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    They changed costs of production a while ago to show margin per t.A bit of a red flag, making it harder to figure out not only what price they are getting per t but also what is the actual costs per t of production. I don't know any other company who does this?

I absolutely 100% agree, this was one of the things that really stood out to me when I was analyzing the last few years quarterly's and trying to find some relationship to the annuals. Why try to hide the numbers, why try to hide the actual performance? They can get away with this nonsense in the quarterly's because they don't have to follow AASB's standards of consistent accounting. It does make forecasting earnings difficult and the way they have been managing FX is also opaque as fook.

I am still in the money but I am thinking this is going to present more buying opportunities over the next three months unless they pull a stellar SDV deal out of the hat. I am in that sweet spot at present where I want it to go lower so I can average down. Just on the face of it, the broader lithium market is under pressure but management has done a pretty poor job of navigating this coy through it to date.

Having said that, the PLS SP has performed more poorly over the last few months than GXY even though, I would argue, the Pilgangoora operation has been performing much better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.