MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

Ann: Quarterly Report ending 30 Sept 2011 , page-12

1. 247 Posts.
    NK ...very interesting article you posted on Loch Fyne.....
    And it appears we have a great advantage in opening up this area with the former State Warden for Mines in Victoria on the MCO Board...NOEL LAIDLAW, who apparently knows the Woods Point district intimately and has vast knowledge and experience in this regard.

I believe this is just another intuitive move when laying down the groundwork of re-opning the mine with the choice of directors by our chairman..Nick Garling.

Noel Laidlaw is a mining engineer with over 30 years of experience in narrow vein underground mining and also with relevant experience in gold processing operations and metallurgy. Until recently Noel was the State Mining Warden of Victoria. In this role, Noel was the most senior independent statutory officer appointed by the Victorian Government to oversee mining disputes and regulatory issues in the State of Victoria and to assist the Minister and entities involved in mining in Victoria in administering the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act, 1990. Noel has significant experience relevant to MCO's growing projects in eastern Victoria in areas including project management and facilitation, stakeholder/tenements negotiation, knowledge of the MR(SD)A 1990 & the accompanying regulatory framework, project compliance, cost estimation of underground and open-cut mining operations & associated treatment plants, mine planning, budget preparation & cost control within mining operations and a very experienced player in occupational health and safety vis a vis mining & exploration projects. Noel is based in Maryborough, Victoria - an area which was at the epicentre of world gold output at one time - and is now known as the 'Golden Triangle'. He was raised not far from MCO's eastern Victorian operations and will be a regular visitor to Woods Point.

And back to Nk's post....
    .."progress at the Loch Fyne was a bonus for me. Historically this mine was as rich as Morning Star and A1, much more interesting than the Rose of Denmark.

4,800 ounces was recovered from 1200 tons in 1867 with the odd 30 ounce to the ton crushing. There was couple of decades of inactivity then a big revival in 1895 when another rich lode was developed. This started a wild speculative Loch Fyne mania in Melbourne at the time , in the words of Mackay

" all round the hills in the vicinity ( of the Loch Fyne) new claims were pegged out, and wild cats screamed through hundreds of elaborate prospectuses, setting forth the absolute certainty of large fortunes for investors who had the good luck to secure script amongst first holders"

nothing changes it seems

Woods Point authoritative historian Mackay ...."was a very astute observer of the times and he believed the mistake the last directors of the Loch Fyne mine made was the failure to explore deeper via sinking shafts"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.