LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Ann: Quarterly Report for the quarter ended 31 March 2024, page-37

1. 6,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4146
    Agree they could have sold the 5% to another Malian Company but, Ganfeng were previously going to spend that much in a share placement (that was cancelled) after the correspondence of a settlement? The placement would have been a preferable outcome, large JV partner on the registry exudes extra shareholder confidence.

US$65 million would be a massive investment for a Malian company, (probably not so much if it was a conglomerate of companies?) but my understanding with the settlement within the coming weeks, there was some urgency? to get the funds at the ready if they are required.

++ I do have a question to the general audience, and I do know it is a binding agreement.
    If the settlement doesn't require any payment does the transaction still have to proceed? given that the intent of the agreement was to provide funds if required for a settlement (payment) to the Government.

Government Free Carry 10%
    ~ company has provided the documentation for this, but still part of the negotiations

Government's option for an additional 10% under the Establishment agreement;
    ~ is at fair market value via the LMSA Option.
    ** Fair market value is determined by an independent firm.
    ~ If the Government exercise this option the funds required will be provided by way of a loan from Leo Lithium and Ganfeng, and the load is paid down by way of tax offset (credits) against the revenue of sales of product. I can't remember if royalties on product sales are also offset to pay the loan?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.