CVN 3.23% 15.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

Ann: Quarterly Report June 2014, page-4

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    Unbeliever-its better than it might look.CVN has not,IMO, taken enough care in clearly denoting V and S wells in its QR.
    1.After the rig came back into service recently(June) it drilled an unsuccessful V well -L33-5A. Prior to that drill the scheduled Phase 2 drilling schedule(all V wells) was " 5 to 7 to go",which became " 4 to 6 to go" after L335A.WBext 5A was drilled (Im not sure whether it was before or after L335A,a successful Exploration well "that intersected several SANDSTONE. layers"- result 80 to 100 bopd,the sort of result that you can expect from a SANDSTONE success and not from a Volcanic success.Its an S well,not a V well,IMO
    No change or affect on the"4 to 6" to go-it must have been a well that was drilled on the way to shifting the rig between V targets -an extra S well to the otherwise 100% V schedule.
    2. WBext 3C and 3D were V wells drilled in the previous round of V drilling,months ago(the rig was nopt employed by the partners for 3 months between V Phase 1 and V Phase2).There is an interesting situation here regarding choking back the V wells.
    These 2 V wells flowed at high rates. CVN has stated an intention to choke back any high flowers in the current V programme,including choking back 3C and 3D.I take this to mean that 3C and 3D are not presently being choked back and have been producing for a while now.
    Sounds to me they are not choking back all the new high flowing V wells. I guess there is only one way to find out if there is a prospect of a less stringent choking regime.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $268.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 14.5¢ $378.0K 2.520M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 102702 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 707662 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.