X64 0.00% 57.0¢ ten sixty four limited

Loki01Agree with the points you raise in your last post, FY2012...

1. 1,064 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Loki01

Agree with the points you raise in your last post, FY2012 was a messy year for MML with the interuptions so it is not a good example of the potential total costs of CoO if they reach their production targets. In fact I would argue FY2011 is a better one to examine to extract total costs.

Anyway, another way to test your FY2012 total cost figure is to extract it from the Cashflow statemment as opposed to the P &L. Payments to suppliers & employees was 30.34m, i would also make some allowance for Expl. expenditure that as pointed out by Jtrain is not expensed at all through the P&L (which is in accordance with accounting standards even though its not conservative or an accurate reflection of true costs). Lets take 80% of the 14.34m Exp. through the CFS and add it to the 30.34m, which gives us a total cost figure of 41.81m.

Regarding the correct number of ounces to use for conservativeness lets use the 55,466 sold. This gives you a total cost of $753 per ounce.

One way to examine the validity of my approach is to compare the costs expensed through the P & L with those paid through the CFS over a two year period (to mitigate timing issues). Total expenses through the P & L in FY11&12 is 72.342m, total paymnents to employees and suppliers through the CFS over the same period is 66.6m, part of the difference of course is the 4-5m per year of D&A that is included in the P&L - its in the same ballpark is my point.

Remember I have also allowed some Expl. expense on top of this in my total cost calculation.

Now if you do the same excercise for FY2011 you will come out with a total cost figure around $500 per ounce, slightly under from memory.

I would also advice anyone struggling with the potential profitability of MML to look thoroughly at the Fy11 accounts - specifically the Balance sheet and CFS and note the significant build in cash during this year which also if you back test it testifies to total costs being under $500 per ounce during FY11.

The issue with MML now is their habit of missing guidance, the real question is can they meet their production targets?? I have no doubt it is a very low cost producer, anyone claiming otherwise needs to examine closer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add X64 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.