SBM 2.08% 23.5¢ st barbara limited

Hi loki, I am not completely across the intricacies of the...

1. 4,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1875
    Hi loki, I am not completely across the intricacies of the resources at Gwalia or Simberi. I like to invest in these bigger producers with a 6 month time frame where I find the share price tends to be driven by operational performance and cashflow.

I would guess that very little value is in the share price for Simberi so any extension to mine life will be a win. Have to go back and read some of Sulphide feasibility study stuff.

I think the share price fall in Nov/Dec was really just driven by gold market sentiment coupled with the HHL sell down. Maybe there was some concern about mine life but I doubt it played a big part.

SBM have been mentioned as a takeover player in a few recent articles and that probably means management are aware of the mine life concerns and if that puts a dampener on the share price. Article last week suggested SBM might want GOR but that makes little sense.

Most of the Aussie gold stocks were punished end of last year and I think they are now back to fair value in most cases. We know that short term sentiment tends to follow US dollar gold price so they could still keep running on that, even if AUD kept moving toward 78-80.
    Last edited by nordesmic: 06/02/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $192.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.0¢ $611.5K 2.606M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 183526 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 828810 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.