GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Quarterly Report Release Date, page-168

1. 830 Posts.
    Wow seriously?

I'll make a few points to clear up the misinformation that you are putting out because I've been to Japan and Europe and know a little bit about car ownership over there.

Japan doesn't have any program to get rid of cars over 10 years etc, they just have very stringent laws regarding getting cars past inspection so it's more economical to export your used car and buy a new one then to comply with inspection.

Mechanics in Japan cost an arm and a leg, if you can maintain your own vehicle in Japan it's worthwhile to hold onto it rather than export and buy a new car.

Moving over to Europe now, because of the global financial crisis they introduced what is commonly referred to as "scrappage programs" but for marketing purposes they label it "environmental premiums".

They pay you to trade in your old car for money towards your new car, it's seen more as a stimulus to the country than any environmental benefits in my honest opinion.

China is also coming off a huge real estate boom and needs to move it's citizens to a consumption society. Laws pertaining to moving towards car production and consumption of electric vehicles is more stimulus of the economy than anything else.

I've seen very old cars and very new cars in the above mentioned countries. With government subsidies regarding electric vehicles and clean energy quickly disappearing just how expensive will these be in the future?

It's anyone's guess.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.