NAG 5.56% 0.9¢ nagambie resources limited

Ann: Quarterly Report, page-2

1. 55,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1014
    Can anyone explain to me how and who  are going to lime treat 1m tonnes of WASS rock piles per year

that's 2749 tonnes of WASS rock a day
    or 114 tonnes of WASS rock an hour
    or about 90 trucks a day - rain hail or snow - all weather - day and night.

I look forward to hearing from the resident genius downrampers with an intelligent answer rather than just the usual dribble
    • The EPA has given Nagambie Resources written confirmation that the Landfill Levy is being charged on the disposal of waste acid sulfate soil and rock (WASS, including PASS) to all licensed landfills in Victoria. Further, the EPA confirmed that this WASS is often contaminated by other pollutants (Nagambie Resources considers this would likely only occur for surface WASS soil), requiring it to be deposited in a landfill cell.
    •   A logical conclusion of the EPA confirmation is that landfills, while the only possible sites for contaminated WASS, are not cost competitive in regards to the management of clean, uncontaminated WASS / PASS. This is because the Landfill Levy, currently $65.90 per tonne, greatly exceeds the trucking costs to the alternative “lime treatment” and “underwater storage” sites which have EPA-approved Environment Management Plans (EMPs) and are not subject to the Landfill Levy.
    •   Nagambie Resources therefore concludes that the lime treatment sites are the only real competitors to the best practice PASS underwater storage sites, of which the Nagambie Mine has the biggest capacity at around 5.0 million tonnes.
    •   The lime treatment sites in Melbourne have two significant drawbacks. Firstly, while lime mixing with WASS soil is proven and common practice in Australia, lime mixing with WASS rock is not proven and common practice, certainly not at rates around 1.0 million tonnes per year. Secondly, Nagambie Resources has calculated that the lime treatment sites in Melbourne would produce more than four times the total equivalent carbon emissions per tonne of PASS than an underwater storage site such as the Nagambie Mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $6.771M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $43 5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 402000 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.08pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.