EMR 5.50% $4.03 emerald resources nl

EMR only becomes potentially appealing to suitors when they are...

1. 295 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    EMR only becomes potentially appealing to suitors when they are a domestic gold miner, so I agree with Fyfee.

I wonder what ever happened to those rumours from months ago that some chinese were interested in buying the Cambodian mine, I didn't see that as a goer to be honest. It would mean that for over a year, EMR would turn into a non-production company, with all outgoings and no incomings whilst they finalised the oz gold drilling and built a processing plant. I don't think the market would like the 12-18 months when EMR transtioned from miner to explorer.

Interesting, I wonder, once domestic production is well under way, whether being JUST a domestic producer is more appealing to potential suitors than having the Cambodian operation as well. Some might be put off from having an operations overseas in a country that they have zero experience/expertise it. On the other hand the low production costs of Cambodia are appealing.

I note that there were multiple actioned options today, all of which had a min of another year, and some nearly 2 years left to exercise

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.03
Change
0.210(5.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.611B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.86 $4.09 $3.86 $2.800M 699.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 7847 $4.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.03 2521 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.11pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.