GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Really not that much progress it seems. They are burning through...

1. 8,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3034
    Really not that much progress it seems.

They are burning through cash at quite a clip, and I wouldn't be banking on any of that pre-payment cash being left over for profits after re-commissioning and labour is paid for. Might be quite a while before Mt Caitlin is cash flow positive (i.e. mid-2017 if lithium markets hold up and the AUD doesn't appreciate any more) In the meantime, admin costs mean only about a year of cash left.

Not much progress on Sal da Vida either as far as I can tell (the flagship project). Just some generic comments about an owners team. I thought we were in the middle of a lithium boom, yet they have not been able to attract joint venture partners...or re-garner interest from the Koreans. With cash levels declining, it becomes harder for them to finance things themselves...which leaves the obvious option...

And don't forget its going to take a couple of years to get to profits even after they start building a plant.

Glad some long termers have had the opportunity to get some of their money back, but have things really changed that much since January to justify a tripling of the shareprice (even accounting for recent pullback)? And seems like management are still overpaying themselves (at least not gifting themselves shares like last year though).

Good luck. I know I'll be shouted down but hope people sitting on a tidy profit take pause to think about the fundamentals of this company...and whether its worth near half $billion.
    Last edited by invertedva: 28/04/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.