WES 0.65% $71.38 wesfarmers limited

re: Ann: Quarterly Statement of Production, D... AAP headlined...

1. 486 Posts.
    re: Ann: Quarterly Statement of Production, D... AAP headlined the WES production report as 'Wesfarmers reports coal production rise.'

However, looking at the specifics, it probably is little changed from last year's financials in terms of VOLUME (we know about the PRICE change):

> Premier steaming (thermal) WA coal mine: for the year to September 30 totalled 3.23 million tonnes (Mt), UP 9.5 per cent from 2.94 Mt in the previous corresponding period.

> Curragh QLD
    === Metallurgical coal production at Wesfarmers' Curragh mine in Queensland was 6.6 Mt, DOWN 7.4 per cent from 7.1 Mt previously.

=== Steaming coal production at the mine totalled 2.7 Mt, UP 9.2 per cent from 2.5 Mt.

(Far more higher-value met coal tonnes than steaming coal tonnes, so net figures probably DOWN, without reflecting Y-Y price change

> Bengalla: steaming coal output of 2.17 Mt was UP 1.9 per cent from 2.13 Mt previously. (Remember, WES only owns 40% of Bengalla and doesn't operate the mine.)

Net-net, probably not much change from last year EXCEPT the significant price drop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.