GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

Ann: Quarterly update and Appendix 4C - March 200, page-18

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    re: Ann: Quarterly update and Appendix 4C - M... Yes, fair point Lockitt. I was expecting someone would notice that! I guess any sort of mining is a very non-green activity. My interest in gold is from a hedge perspective. I would hope that any gold mines I have interests in are sticking very strictly to their environmental obligations. I would like to think there will be alternatives to diesel for mining in the future. Unfortunately we need some mining for a green future - rare earths, copper, lithium to name those that spring to mind. Maybe not gold though, that would be a fair call.

Also, at the end of the day I drive a car (when I am not catching public transport to work) which I am not proud of, but most of us do. I would like to swap it for an electric vehicle when they are available.

The problem with nuclear is we don't have any failsafe way to store the waste. The best place on earth to store it would be in central Australia, but do you think people are going to want it stored in their own backyard? No way. I think if you are prepared to support the nuclear industry then you should be prepared to accept nuclear waste storage close to home. To me that would be the acid test. Would you live next to a nuclear power station or a nuclear waste site? I'm not meaning to be provocative, I just think it is a fair question, just as the points you have raised are entirely reasonable.

Re: baseload power - there are other options particularly here in Aus - geothermal power and wave energy. Plus wind is well established now, but I guess its a moot point whether it can offer baseload power.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.