WOA 5.56% 1.9¢ wide open agriculture ltd

Some excerpts from the call transcript. Things I thought were...

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Some excerpts from the call transcript. Things I thought were the most interesting. I've added some context stuff in square brackets.

"This partner [Saputo] gives us option-like ability – on a success basis—to expand production by what could be five times as much as we can generate at Prolupin. Just in the first site. So, very excited."

"When Ben got back from Chicago where IFT was, the world's leading ingredient conference, it's the only time I've ever seen it where you get back and you're not chasing prospects, they're calling you."

"Most importantly though, we have a pipeline of over 100 tonnes that's in addition to Wide Open Agriculture's pipeline. We have significant interest from a lot of different parties both in the US, North America and in Europe for lupin-based protein products. This is all backed up by a very experienced engineering team that is in Europe and ready to go."

"we do anticipate that the Prolupin production facility will become cashflow positive shortly and, therefore it will help fund future expansion."

"The Prolupin product was very focused on the vegan dairy industry. Buntine Protein® has much more versatile and functional characteristics, so it can be used in a much wider set of applications, which is really exciting. And that's only the protein! The fibre, which is the other 40%, we've been treating as a cost stream because we haven't had the time to be able to work out exactly how to turn it into a commercial product. But again, while we've been suspended, we've been working hard to solve some of these problems and we've done some successful trials in Europe to dry the fibre and turn it into something that we think is a very exciting product for a variety of different industries, including using it in breads, noodles, and cereals."

"The conversations were so positive until I got to the point of saying “we're at pilot scale, we produce in a small facility in Western Australia”...you could literally see their faces turn down and look a little bit despondent because they wanted this protein, but they can't enter into the process of new product development, convincing their technology team to move forward with the advances if they don't have a firm supply. So, this Prolupin transaction is transformational, and I've already had three of our largest target customers come back to me and say, “this changes everything. Now we can really regard you as a genuine supplier because you have the scale, but also the quality assurance that we are seeking from a commercial scale facility” - which is exactly what the Prolupin facility offers us."

"Also, looking forward to repeating the experience in Chicago, in Frankfurt in November, where we'll be talking to the leading ingredient buyers from across Europe and indeed the world and presenting not only Buntine Protein® but of course the Prolupin products and also the upcoming fibre, which is going to be great from a BD perspective to be offering a suite of products."

"We've signed the non-binding MOU, that is something that obviously has taken us a while, but it's a sign of Saputo's commitment that we were able to deliver an agreement with them that met their requirements and our requirements and get that to market. It provides a framework to deliver a definitive agreement that will become a legally binding contract to make Buntine Protein® at scale from their facility and we expect that to be finalised in the coming months."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $4.247M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $4.67K 249.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1274581 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 889089 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.24pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.9¢
  Change
0.001 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.8¢ 2.0¢ 1.8¢ 195420
Last updated 14.04pm 28/05/2024 ?
WOA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.