PCK 0.00% 3.1¢ painchek ltd

so no I do not. not currently. remember there's a number of...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    so no I do not. not currently. remember there's a number of domains to be evaluated for each painchek assessment.

if you're treating pain as a vital sign, I mean that idea has been correlated with the opioid crisis in the US, but subjective and any evaluation of pain verbally or with an app etc in an emergent situation is rife with issues. are they in shock are they capable of expressing it in ways that the app could pick up and really important, how would creating a baseline observation of pain in such a situation help?

I will say for cardiac arrest we ask how much pain they're in initially and then give titrations of analgesia to lower that pain to 0/10, but there's no evidence that painchek is at all appropriate to utilize when the person is verbal and competent.

if the patient is not verbal I can see an argument for painchek for paramedics but I don't see it as particularly viable for timeliness

you need consistent and quality assessments over a period of time in weeks/months to really evaluate the data. not assessments in emergent and unpredictable situations, otherwise you'll just be trying to dose the person into being as still as possible to keep the painchek score low. which isn't good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.