ZIP 1.45% $1.70 zip co limited..

Ann: Quarterly Update, page-118

1. 11,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1310
    3 reasons I still like the Zip share price

1. Strong momentum behind Zip shares

Notwithstanding Friday’s falls, the Zip share price has been shooting higher in recent days and I think that’s an important consideration. Investors are clearly bullish on the BNPL share and I think strong support is important in these volatile times.

The Zip share price closed last week’s session at $7.56, up 16.49% on the previous Friday’s close. I think the momentum factor alone makes the BNPL share worth a look.

2. Cheaper than Afterpay on a relative basis

Relative valuation is a big deal, especially in a high-growth space like fintech. One of the big reasons I still like the Zip share price is simply because it’s considerably cheaper than Afterpay Ltd (ASX: APT).
    Afterpay is a major rival although its $25.45 billion market capitalisation dwarfs Zip’s $3.90 billion valuation.

Neither company has actually made a profit despite the mad share price growth in recent years. Based on full-year earnings, the Afterpay share price is currently trading at roughly 48 times revenue while the Zip share price is trading at approximately 25 times.

3. Clear strategy for growth

Zip’s full-year results showed strong global and domestic growth which, I think, holds it in good stead for the future. The company’s profile continues to grow with strong penetration across Australia, New Zealand, the United States, the United Kingdom and South Africa.

Zip now has more than 4 million customers around the globe with 2.1 million in Australia and New Zealand. The acquisition of QuadPay in June 2020 opens up a new lucrative channel with more access to the $5 trillion US retail market.

The company’s FY20 revenue jumped 91.2% to $161.0 million after recording a 62% increase in customers to 2.1 million. Total transaction volume jumped 91% to $2.1 billion while net bad debt expense jumped 81 basis points to 2.24%.

All of these numbers point to a strong growth corridor which bodes well for further Zip share price growth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
-0.025(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.909B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.75 $1.77 $1.68 $16.19M 9.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5300 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 86880 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.