SYA 3.03% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

This report has been on the monitors site for a long while, it...

1. 4,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8260
    This report has been on the monitors site for a long while, it details the struggles that NAL was having. There is one really big point that sticks out, and that is the monitor stated NAL would lose 7.7M if spod prices were at $750/t. In contrast most hard rock mines in OZ have a break even somewhere around $450/t. (prices currently are in this range or below) The good news here is that Sayona's big sister Altura has already gone through a plant optimization project and they have one of the lowest production costs in OZ, that knowledge will directly translate into the NAL project. The other cost that was killing NAL was that they were shipping spod from Canada to China. With the lithium hub, all processing would take place locally, which would eliminate all overseas shipping costs from the equation.

Going back to the DFS 2 that @Silent-Bubbles was referring to we can see they based their projections on an average spod price of $693/t - I believe this would have to be changed to reflect the going rate of spod today and that change would force them to redo all calcs. If they are counting on $693 still they have not checked prices in a while sneaky.png. In a combined mine with NAL and Authier they would also have to account for the cost of completing the processing plant and the revenue that would be generated via Hydroxide production, this is where they will actually make their money and can unlock the low cost of energy in Quebec. I would suspect this whole DFS 2 will be garbage if we are successful in the NAL project and there will be new DFS 3 with a staged approach.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2442/2442585-8a9b658f67fe90ecf66d98ade58c3416.jpg
    https://media.abnnewswire.net/media/en/docs/ASX-SYA-2A1185769.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.3¢ $212.5K 6.353M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
68 9689496 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 12409635 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.