SMR 3.57% $3.19 stanmore resources limited

1) I am a holder of a Bowen Coking coal company, just not SMR,...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1190
    1) I am a holder of a Bowen Coking coal company, just not SMR, however I have been watching with pleasure as the company commercializes it's expansion plans and creates and retains many jobs for wage earners in Queensland. Well done to all the investors here and well done to the company to have the balls to support an industry that underpins jobs and the transition to a renewable economy. Without coking coal there is no steel, and without steel there is no transition to renewables. And without profitable mining companies, that have security to make long term investments without shameless tax grabs, there are no wages to be earned in mining and the fruits of the workers labor will be substantially less as they reskill to do something that earns a lot less in wages.

2) Your comment about a resources levy being in the national interest and is better than taxing wages, seems to ignore the fact that Royalties are a state based tax/levy and PAYG (that's the tax on your wages and the fruits of your labor) is a federal tax. So in fact this state based royalty has no link to reducing your tax on your salary. You really have previous Federal governments to thank for lower income tax on your wages, not state governments.

3) QLD will have the highest coal royalties in the world, and such a sudden and unprecedented rise in this tax/levy will send alarm bells to financiers. Congratulations to the government in making Qld the sovereign risk epicenter of the developed world.

4) This approach by the Qld govt is typical of small minded thinking where they believe there is a pie that is a certain size and they need more of it, rather than incentivizing investment to make the pie substantially bigger, creating more jobs, more wages, more tax revenue, more profit and then more dividends for the investors who risk there after income tax savings on investing to make that happen.

GLTAH and others affected by this mindless tax grab.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.