QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

I have never held shares and have not done as much research as...

1. 5,017 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    I have never held shares and have not done as much research as long term holders. The company structure is not as simple as others though. For example the nine capital raising a few years ago included a clause to prevent another major player taking a controlling interest (without paying them $10+ million). http://mumbrella.com.au/nine-bought-quickflix-240907

From the article:

More importantly the shares include a warrant which sees the owner entitled to a $10.5m payment in the event of “a disposal of substantially all of the Company’s assets, a merger or takeover, a person other than the shareholder acquiring a voting power of more than 51% in the Company, or any change in the majority of the members of the Board of Directors unless the replacement Directors were nominated by the majority of the Company’s Board.”

So a Chinese company cant just buy the company for its market cap of $2million, its much more complicated. Something might be worked out, but its a pretty unlikely that someone with a small retail holding isn't guaranteed a flip of the coin profit in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.