G88 0.00% 1.1¢ golden mile resources ltd

Peer comparison with CLQ's Ni-Co-Sc deposit has some validity,...

1. 6,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1219
    Peer comparison with CLQ's Ni-Co-Sc deposit has some validity, albeit G88's deposit as defined so far is not as large in tonnage terms and has a lower tenor in Co and Sc than CLQ. Both seem derived from ultramafic weathering to form a mineralized supergene at the saprock/ bedrock interface. Todays CLQ's DFS announcement is therefore sobering in the light of the capex requirement for these lateritic/saprolitic type deposits, and the market took it badly. Actually no surprise I thought as these kinds of deposits are often hard to kickstart into a mining operation due the costs. However, if G88 can demonstrate it has a Direct Shipping Ore, ( dig it up, ship it out) then the equation is more favourable. The possibility of this was mentioned in an earlier announcement, a year or more ago I think, but not commented on since. Obviously as it turns out the CLQ deposit is not DSO and capex is required for a plant to beneficiate and extract the minerals.
    Moreover and obviously, if G88 proves to have a massive nickel sulphide body within its lease then this dramatically changes the equation. The drilling surely would have to finished or nearly so by now. The 3 holes are not too deep. If the XRF had picked up a significant nickel show on the drill cuttings my gut tells me we would have heard something by now, if not a TH. If no announcement on progress by the end of this week, that would seem rather foreboding. A simple comment that drilling is complete and samples sent to lab with assays awaited, without any specific mention of Ni sulphide, would not go down to well I think with Mr Market
    Regarding the JORC, I did a bit of number crunching over the weekend. Trawled back through the saprock drilling reports, over 100 holes done, from that a rough guide would be an average depth of mineralization of 20 metres, maybe a bit more, width of deposit about 25o metres on average and strikel ength over the drilled area about 3 kms. Mention has been made of 5kms but this extended length has not been in-filled drilled. So anyway, deposit size say 3000 x 250 x 20 = 15 million cubic metres, so about 35 million tonnes. Nickel I estimate at 0.6% average which is fairly good, similar to CLQ ( possibly a bit better than CLQ), although Co and Sc are somewhat lower. All hinges on DSO grade, and whether associated Ni sulphides in massive form are found.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G88 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.523M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 915231 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 609208 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
G88 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.