ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1274
    Zen, if you go back to the March 18 report which involved 5 deep RC holes into the EM conductor anomalies 2 and 3 they stated that
    a) 3 holes RC 128, 129 1nd 130, were drilled into Anomaly 3. Disseminated sulphides were detected but assays showed that the sulphides consisted of iron sulphide ( ie, pyrite and pyrrhotite) and a minor amount of chalcopyrite ( copper iron sulphide) with assays showing upto 520ppm copper. Given they would as a first priority have assayed for nickel content, the fact that no mention was made of nickel when reporting the results tells me there was no nickel present worthy of reporting. The saprolite zone over the top of Anomaly 3 has proven from the shallower drilling then and subsequent shallower drilling, as has been reported, to have decent nickel contents, much like above Anomaly 2.
    b) in the same report ( March 18) they reported briefly on the 2 holes RC holes into Anomaly 2 being RC 132 and 139. The location of these holes is very close to where they got the best nickel assays in the saprolite drilling above Anomaly 2. Very little was said about what the Anomaly 2 drilling showed with the only reference being on page 3 but their comment was more a generalized one which grouped together the results of all the 5 holes and simply referenced iron sulphide, anomalous copper ( basically trace levels) and trace scandium levels. No mention again of nickel, even at trace levels so my take on this is that nickel is not there at least at detectable levels, and clearly the lab assay method being used is capable of detecting low levels of elements ( such as Cu and Sc) . Had nickel been found in any of the holes at a decent level, even if a fraction of a %, it would have been mentioned upfront.

I get that geologically, nickel sulphide accumulations usually occur in discrete sites but to have apparently no nickel even at very minor background levels detected in the 5 holes drilled into the two Anomalies so far is a bit disconcerting to me. Does it detract from the possibility of Anomaly 1 being massive nickel sulphide ….. no, but does it reduce the odds..... yes. So I de-risked, but still hold a modest parcel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G88 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.