QHL 5.13% 20.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

re: Ann: Quickstep Delivers First JSF parts f... Hi Anthony,...

1. 97 Posts.
    re: Ann: Quickstep Delivers First JSF parts f... Hi Anthony,
    Sorry I didnt get back to you yesterday.
    The vertical tail testing is being done by the US DOD and we are doing it as a JV with an American composite company called Vector. They have one of our machines and have supplied spars for the vertical tails made with the quickstep process.(they have a web site, easy to find with a google search)

Phase 1 of the testing passed with no drama's and phase 2 is due for release soon.

My understanding is that if it passes then the quickstep process can be used in the JSF.

That should mean we can start using the qs process to make the parts we are supplying. If the process is all its cracked up to be that means we sshould be able to make the parts 30% cheaper = bigger profit margins. Also if we tender for future contracts we have a 30% advantage over conventional manufacturers.

Also consider Vector are an American company,they can bid for contracts on the US JSF's = potential for sale of turnkey units and if they have a competitive edge then there is potentual for more sales to their competitors.
    I've also stated before that I think the aircraft manufactures we have MOU's with to incorpoate us into their supply chain are looking on the sidelines for the results of this testing and will jump in if it is approved for use in the JSF.

In regards to the negative press the JSF programme is receiving, I completely agree but it is pretty much par for the course when any new military aircraft is being developed. Remember the investigation after the stealth bomber came into service. The investigators discovered there were dodgy contracts going around. I saw a report on the TV at the time where an investigator held up a simple bolt used in the bomber that cost a couple hundred grand. He went on to say the budget blow out was so much that it would have actually cost less if they made all the stealth bombers they produced out of gold.

The stealth programme and others before it had an open cheque book policy with the US govt. The JSF doesnt, infact the US Govt has told the major players the govt will only foot 1/2 the blow out and they are responsible for the other half.
    This is where I disagree with your view that the resuts of the testing will be muted because of the bad press the programme has received.
    All they want for christmas is good neews. If the process passes I'm tipping they will make a song and dance over it.

I think thye will be estatic if they can make a presss release saying "THEY" have found a manufacturing process that will produce parts for the JSF 30% cheaper than existing methods.The public will love it and public opinion on the project could improve.

This is my take on it anyway and why I am placing so much importance on the results of the testing and there are a lot of "IF'S" in my opinion. As you can imagine its why I would like to see other peoples view on the subject because maybe I have read to much into it or I have read it wrong.
    Cheers and sorry for the long post.
    Caps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $14.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 18.0¢ $7.37K 37.43K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13771 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 7155 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.49pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.