QHL 7.84% 27.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

I am a recent investor in this - I have even sold out as the...

1. 5,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 548
    I am a recent investor in this - I have even sold out as the January general sell-off made me look to the speculative area in my portfolio - took a small loss but got them back later at the same cost.

During this period I look long and hard at this stock and accepted that this was something that was getting close to break even. I generally don't invest very early in ideas as I have often found that the hype gets destroyed by the time it takes to get to break even and the destruction of value via CR's.

I was drawn to this by a post on AJX where they said they had sold out of QHL and gone into AJX and that probably QHL will now succeed. I have left a lot of profit on the table in the past by getting frustrated and selling out too early - my biggest mistake is SRX selling out think I did well only for it to keep climbing. It was around late September or early October last year that this was occurring. AJX was running higher than 85c at the time and I think QHL was around 18c.

My valuation was that QHL was and still is closer to break-even than AJX yet had a market cap that was well over $200 million at the time versus around $100 million for QHL

What interested me was the complete capitulation AJX was hot and QHL was not. I dont see it that way I think most of these new technology or R&D shops meander for years and years with opportunity being far in the future but the hype making you think its in the next 18 months. Then you go away and another bright new shareholder who hasn't had all the time and frustration gets to enjoy the ride - or so that is what I hope will happen - lol.

I think that it does take a long time for customers to adopt new processes and often once the deals and reputation starts it gets to be easier. Anyone here buying Haier products yet we buy Fisher & Paykel who is now owned by Haier...

I have done a comparison chart to see how AJX did V QHL since 30 September and QHL down 16% but AJX down 35%.

In fact they got low enough for me to buy some AJX as well.

The point I am making is that I, per my newbie analysis , felt that in 18 months this company would be transformed and would be at least not looking for its next wad of cash from shareholders to keep the plan alive. There are plenty of other more hyped companies on much higher valuations that have far more to prove to justify their valuations than this company has to do. Its amazing how quickly things can change...

I dont think holding through FOMO is a great plan - if you have lost faith in the management and or the concept I would sell out but if you are only frustrated by the time overruns and the company is still making progress I would re look at it and compare it to other opportunities you may be surprised like I was.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
0.020(7.84%)
Mkt cap ! $19.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.5¢ 24.5¢ $36.29K 137.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 5888 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.