QHL 7.84% 27.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

Some of my musings, as someone who works in the aerospace and...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Some of my musings, as someone who works in the aerospace and defence industry in a BD role. When I'm flat out preparing proposals, responding to bids and generally trying to grow my business, the last thing on my "to do" list is to provide updates to everyone on what I'm doing. I will do this as little as possible or as often as I am required to. I understand that working for a privately owned company versus a publicly owned one is a bit different, but with QHL still a relatively small company all their efforts should be going towards growing the company.

Also, another reason to not share too much is that my competitors will find out where I am bidding and will likely join in the pursuit of that business. It is not as though QHL is the only composites company out there trying to win business.

And finally, aerospace and defence is a sensitive industry. All of my dealings requiring the signing of a non-disclosure agreement before I can start talking seriously. A lot of business will get done behind closed doors until both parties have agreed to release the information, often post contract signing.

If I were working at QHL, I would be releasing the minimum amount of information as required by law as a listed company, and then dropping bombs once the contracts are signed, sealed and delivered and cannot be lost.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.