RCE 2.06% 49.5¢ recce pharmaceuticals ltd

Well, I did think it was a potentially game changing product....

1. 591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 358
    Well, I did think it was a potentially game changing product. Initial lab studies were interesting.
    I suspect, like thousands of drugs before it, R327 is really good in a test tube, but fails for one (or many) reasons in a living organism.
    I think the incentives are all wrong. A CEO with no experience or even basic science training, earning $700k a year, propped up in the role because of his family, is very incentivised to keep this going for as long as possible.

What keeps me entertained is all the misleading and withholding of information. The justifications for lack of results and lack of peer review.
    I love seeing how they can drag this out and put spin on things. I've not seen anything like it since AKP.

Compare, for example, the microbe that is the subject of this thread, Acinetobacter baumannii. Here is another antibiotic in phase I trials, reporting on results. Some target, same indication.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06873-0
    Why can't we get this information from RCE?

Is there still a chance of succeeding? They might hit on an indication and a formulation that works. I give it about a 5% chance, but if that happens and they get a product to market I'll be the first to cheer them on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RCE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.010(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $114.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 51.0¢ 48.5¢ $1.909K 3.908K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 15775 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 66869 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RCE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.