RAC 6.56% $1.71 race oncology ltd

Ann: Race Leadership Changes, page-80

1. 145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    After watching this it seems quite clear that the dispute appears to relate to the decision to pursue cardioprotection vs. FTO.

Dr T. speaks numerous times of the importance of acting in the best interest of shareholders and how he had to put his personal interests aside to make this decision. I think the board (under their duty to act in shareholder interest) sees that a deal relating to cardioprotection is much more likely and achievable when compared to an FTO opportunity.

It seems as though Dr T. is very bullish on FTO however pursuing that would risk the "easier" option of a deal for cardioprotection which would jeopardise the shareholders.

I think some positives to take away from the shock of this announcement are:
    - board and management alignment on direction: the team should now be laser focused on extracting value from the cardioprotection opportunity as opposed to butting heads in the boardroom
    - a clear pathway to commercialization now they're seemingly focused on one pathway

It will be interesting to see what happens of the FTO opportunity now, perhaps they'll spin it out into a new company once the rights for Zantrene in cardioprotective oncology have been sold or licensed out.

The video gives me slightly more confidence Dr T. isn't going to offload his shares, after all, of course he would say that so as to not completely scuttle the price and the value of his own holdings.

Either way, I'd like to personally thank Dr. T for taking the company to where it is today and wish him the best of luck with future endeavours. Good luck to all holders in what is likely to be a rocky transition period.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.