RAC 0.57% $1.75 race oncology ltd

I'm still your friend, @slick.The posters here are a good bunch....

1. 954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10865
    I'm still your friend, @slick.

The posters here are a good bunch. It is just that things get a bit tense when there are differing of opinions.

There is a lot that needs to be understood fundamentally before you can understand why the raise is needed now.

Even at Mondays $3.77 close, the share price was insanely undervalued because a substantial holder has been selling into good news repeatedly over the last 9 months of consolidation. This meant that the share price was going to struggle to get over $4.50 for the options to come into the money and for people to exercise them. This means that RAC might have had to wait til May to see money come into the coffers, which may still not have been in the money or holders may not convert their options in time. This would have delayed all clinical progress.

The money is needed now because we are pursuing first-in-class/best-in-class opportunities in two completely novel, multi-billion dollar areas of anti-cancer and adjuvant therapy. If RAC don't have the money now, then they are at risk of losing the clinical maturity advantage they have, which is worth extreme amonts of value when you factor in market capture. There's a paper that I can share you that goes into this in detail. In short, pharma companies like drugs that are first to market so that they can capture the majority of the market. The longer they are in the market without competition, the greater the market capture even if a better drug enters the space.

Because of this, I am happy RAC responded with this raise. I was very happy to grab shares at $3 and at the reduced prices now, as I understand what this means for my investment (basically a shit load of money). There won't be much difference between grabbing shares at $3 or $3.77 if this thing sells.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.75
Change
0.010(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $298.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.73 $1.83 $1.73 $272.0K 152.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9998 $1.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.79 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.