RAC 4.37% $1.32 race oncology ltd

let me answer on behalf of @slick as he seems to be under the...

1. 1,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 288
    let me answer on behalf of @slick as he seems to be under the pump with correspondence tonight, and his reputation has been diluted based on his postings.

Yes - it’s the perfect stick to short. Highly illiquid micro cap stock with a loyal following and high share of ownership by management / the BoD. Strong fundamentals, high potential value if successful, and steady stream of expected news flow. What could go wrong?

The only flaws in the idea are:
    1. The instos don’t give a crap about Race doing this raise alone. They’re making too much money at the moment to even notice.
    2. who would they borrow the shares from to sell?
    See that’s how shorting works - they borrow the shares from a big holder and then sell them on market hoping to buy them back at a lower price (and then give them back). Normally, if you wanted to borrow shares to sell short, you would rock up to one of the big Super funds or ETF managers... but none of these guys have any race stick, the instos would have to ask Daniel or John or Bill Garner or (it drops away pretty quickly from there)...

Yes in the future race will likely need to work with the instos/brokers/banks, but doing this raise alone will have no impact on that. It’s a pretty competitive market, and they all know how to chase a dollar (it’s their reason to be!), there will be no hard feelings and they’ll jump at the chance. There’s no greedy bankers losing sleep over this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.32
Change
0.055(4.37%)
Mkt cap ! $218.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.26 $1.33 $1.26 $149.9K 115.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.35 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.29
  Change
0.055 ( 4.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.26 $1.33 $1.26 12903
Last updated 15.43pm 09/05/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.