RAC 0.34% $1.45 race oncology ltd

Another company just did a $75mil raise at 22% discount to last...

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    Another company just did a $75mil raise at 22% discount to last closing price. you recon those instos that it went to will hold onto those shares?

I think we all generalise too much. There are some good instos that understand a co and will want to invest for the long run and hold onto shares . I agree those will be beneficial to a company and are encouraging to see on the register, as a strong insto is not going to flip out on every bump in the road like some retail will.. as not all retail are good.. plenty of retail expect share price to go up every day and 'invest' on past performance of a sp (FOMO) without understanding what a company is actually doing or where they are in their lifecylce. These retail will be more easily frustrated and sell when their higher/unrealistic expectation are not met in short term.
    I'd be very encouraged by RAC getting a good insto onboard.
    one other thing.. sticky/diamond hands are great. but for shareprice to go up someone has to give up shares so some else can buy them at the higher price.. instos can bring in some of the liquidity for this to happen. IF MOF and BG hadn't been selling there's a good chance our trading volumes would have been significantly lower and this can also detract new investors.

and lastly for all the whining about what RAC should do with closing and allocating shares in the SPP.. lets all remember the priority is not to give shareholders a last chance to fill their xmass stocking with cheap RAC shares. The priority and prime objective of the SPP is for the company to raise funds to accelerate and expand their program. this needs to happen quickly and they are taking a huge leap of faith and going well outside the norm in given shareholders priority in this. Let them get it done how they see fit for the best interest of the company as quickly as possible and be happy with whatever you get.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
-0.005(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $242.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.46 $1.50 $1.43 $62.91K 43.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5700 $1.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 591 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.46
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.44 $1.49 $1.43 9034
Last updated 13.08pm 24/05/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.